The production begins
Santero Pietro (Florentine origin, married with Griffini) moves to Calosso and begins to produces grapes (1st generation)
Santero Luigi “the Big”
Santero Luigi “il grande” Pietro’s son (borned in 1870) begins to produces wines from estate grapes. The son “Pietro” is borne.
Santero Pietro begins to bottle the wines under his management. (2nd generation)
Organization and sales
Productive organization and sales growing towards other Italian regions
Opening of a store in Turin
Purchasing of the Benedictine Abbey by the Santero family composed of six brothers, and industrialisation of the production of wines, sparkling wines and liqueurs (3rd generation).
Expanding of the sales towards Europe, USA and Canada
Industrial and structural expansion
Administrative and technological digitisation
Merger from six to two brothers: Luigi and Mario
First time exceeded 1 million bottles sold
Merger to one shareholder: Santero Mario and generational shift to the sons Pierluigi, Valter and Annalisa (4th generation).
Deep technological renewal
first time exceeded 6 million bottles sold
First time IFS and BRC certifications gained
First time exceeded 10 million euro of turnover
Inclusion of the new generation of the Family (5th generation)
- The company is committed to achieving customer satisfaction by the use of, internal procedures constant staff training and customer awareness;
- Create a flexible structure able to quickly adapt to changing business needs and customer requests;
- Face quality improvement strategically and operatively with renewed commitment in order to provide products and services of an outstanding quality and increase the market penetration ability;
- Put in place the necessary procedures in order to continuatively improve the SGQ using the opearational tools provided by the same System (corrective and preventing actions, internal audits, data analysis,system review);
- Facilitate internal and external communication in order to improve the SGQ which grants outstanding quaity standards of products and services;
- Improve to ensure a greater level of our production hygiene-health safety standard;
- Define process management tasks and responsabilities for the realization of the products and keep the system management and product making process under control;
- Identify and put in place the main hygiene and food safety procedures with special emphasis to our own activities and products. Manage and keep a control system in accordance with HACCP method;
- Operate in compliance with the defined procedures in order to grant outstanding wholesomemess, legal quality of the products and their tracking and tracing.
- Grant a timely and effective non-compliant product recall from the market;
- Increase our suppliers awareness about the need of keeping and improving the supplied products wholesomeness and legal quality outstanding standard;
- Keep the focus on sustainability and environemental issues: keep the company environemental context in compliance with the governing rules and select suppliers committed and aware toward environementsl issues (especially pest tratements managing)
- Ensure adequate safety and health work conditions for the staff, granting the compliance of the workplace safety regulations in force and provide and keep in good conditions refreshment and break rooms.
- Ensure staff satisfaction and involvement, providing work conditions inspired by respect, correctness and cooperation.
DATE: 06 February 2018 SIGNATURE DIR: Santero Pierluigi